The End Is Nigh!

This is it, kids. This is the last lap. This is the last big hurrah. This is the green mile. No, scratch that, not the green mile. I’ve seen that movie, and this happens:

4164f

What I’m trying to say is, I’m entering my last year of college here at CSU Stanislaus! That exclamation can be taken either as one of excitement or as a terrified scream. I’m feeling a little bit of both sides at the moment. On the one hand, I’m excited to be moving into such an important and adult stage of my life. Ever since I watched Boy Meets World as a youngster I’ve wanted to go to college. I don’t actually remember if Cory graduated from college, but apparently he’s a middle school teacher in Girl Meets World, so good for him!

Either way, I’ve always wanted to make it to college. That was always the goal! Teachers and other mentors always push you toward college when you’re a youth, but they never really tell you what happens afterward. It’s always college=happily ever after, and this is where things get a bit scary. I know what I want to do with my life, I want to be an artist. I want to be a comic book artist, specifically, so I’ve been doing a lot of research into how to get into the business, which is not easy! I also want to go to grad school, which involves a lot of applications, stress, and eventually moving if I get accepted. My income is tied to the school, so I will also have to start looking for new work soon enough.

So yes, part of me feels like this:

businessman-happy1

While another part of me feels like this:

evil-dead-2013-review-top-10-horror-2

This next year is about figuring everything out for this next stage in my life, though. Hey, if the artist thing doesn’t work out, I can always move to my fallback plan of Astronaut-Fireman-Scientist from childhood, right?! I think I’ll be just fine!

2 thoughts on “The End Is Nigh!

1. Let me just say, I can totally agree with the second picture about graduating in Spring (minus the blood of course because I don’t have a head injury…)

Am I freaking out about graduation and the possibility of grad school or actually having to get a career? UM. YES.

BUT thousands of people go through this exact same thing every year, so it’ll be fine right? Right…?

2. Whoa, the end IS nigh. That is a scary thought, well you know what soothes those fears like a sweet balm to a burn wound? Lists, lots and lots of lists. Oh, and calendars! But if your feeling really saucy charts and graphs will take your mind off of everything.

The future is an exciting and scary thing. We often get wrapped up in the routine of our daily lives but that is only an attempt to control tomorrow. We still don’t know what can happen.

Good luck!! 🙂
    P.s. Scholarships https://www.csustan.edu/financial-aid-scholarships/art-majors